12 things you should know about rooftop solar
Senior Marketing Specialist
1. Solar PV System explained:
Solar PV system uses light from the sun to generate a current which is then converted to AC which is used in our homes. The electricity produced by the solar PV system is free and you don’t have to pay any bills for that.
2. Components of Solar Energy System:
Solar panels & inverters are two major components of the system and they comprise 80% of the system cost.
3. Best Solar products available in the market:
There are lots of options available in the market. Few good quality products are:
- Solar Panel: Longi solar, Jinko solar & Canadian solar
- String inverter: Growatt/Polycab
- String inverter with Optimizer: Solaredge
- Microinverter: Enphase.
4. Cost of Solar system for Home:
Solar comes in 3 variants.
- With String inverter
- With String inverter & optimizer
- With microinverter
Solar with microinverter is the best system hence a bit expensive than other two. We recommend a Solar system with microinverters because it is much advanced in terms of technology, generates more electricity & is much safer. Check out the comparison sheet between string inverter & microinverter. Price also varies with the size of the system; a bigger system will cost less per KWP.
5. Electricity Generation by Solar System:
Solar System generates electricity from 6:30 am to 6 pm.1 KWP will generate 4 units of electricity per day, around 1400kWh annually.
6. Electricity bill saved by Solar:
You can go zero electricity bill if you have a system that produces an equal amount of electricity you consume. A 5KWP plant will save you Rs. 4500/- per month in electricity bills.
7. Time required to go solar:
The entire process including application & installation takes around 3-4 weeks. All the hassle will be taken care of by us.
8. Subsidy on Solar Energy System:
In few states, the Government offers subsidies on solar panel installation, depending on availability.
9. Area Requirement for Solar PV system:
Roof solar panel installation space requirement depends on the size of the plant.1 KWP solar plant requires approximately 100 sq. ft. area.
10. Solar system size for my home:
The size of the system depends on your electricity bill and your sanctioned load. You can get a solar system up to your sanctioned load.
If your electricity bill is upto Rs. 9000 per month & your sanctioned load is 10KVA. Then a 10 KW system will be good for you.
If your bill is upto Rs. 9000 per month and your sanctioned load are 5KVA. You can get only a 5KWP system for your home, which will save you around Rs. 4500 per month.
*Homes in Delhi can get a solar system more than the sanctioned load.
11. Benefits of solar energy:
There are many benefits of solar energy. A few of them are mentioned below:
- You save a lot of money because you don’t have to pay electricity bills.
- You don’t have to remember to pay the electricity bill every month.
- You save the environment, as you are using renewable energy.
12. You can use Solar Energy at Night:
Solar Energy can be stored and used later. By adding a battery to your solar energy system, you can store the solar energy and use it at night.
There is no better time to go solar. With options of selecting amongst superb products and assurance of an amazing service, you should think about going solar today. Start your saving journey with us. We will be happy to solve all your queries regarding solar. Feel free to contact us.
Also Read: Are solar panels worth the investment?
Senior Marketing Specialist
Rohit Grover is the Senior Marketing Specialist at Sunson Energy. He takes great pride in writing easy to understand content for everyone. He is a renewable energy enthusiast who has a keen interest in environmental protection.